Weekly Swimming Lessons Return!
Weekly lessons resume from Monday 13th January, 2020 on your enrolled day. Please ensure that you have downloaded the Splash App to receive student progression details and important program information.
Dont forget your Swim School membership includes:
- Year- round access - Students have unrestricted access to aquatic areas, even on non lesson days.
- Continuous weekly lessons - Enjoy weekly swimming lessons throughout the year for 48 weeks.
Things to remember about swimming lessons:
- Persistence: Just like learning to walk, or ride a bke, learning to swim is a loco motor skill that requires a lot of time and practice to achieve. If only attending just one half hour lesson each week for 48 weeks of the year, a child will only acrue 24 hours of swim lesson time over a year. For this reason, ensuring your child is consistently attending is paramount, and adding in an extra play-swim per week can make a huge difference long term.
- Practice: As with any lcoomotor skill, the skills need to be practiced over and over to be remmebered. The same goes for swimming, with the more time children spend in the water the quicker they learn to swim. This can seem monotonous and sometimes children might say they don't want to learn to swim anymore. Feel confident that they are learning a healthy life lesson, and make sure to encourage them and keep it as fun as possible.
- Patience: If children only swim once each each week it's going to feel like a very long time before they can swim. In the long run the total time spent at lessons is probably just one week of a child's life. Relax, be patient, enjoy your child's learn to swim experience and know that they are learnign an essential life skill.
Enrol into swimming lessons for the new year below: