Updated June 2021
As a leisure facility management company, BlueFit collects a broad range of personal information to provide you with health and fitness services. We take the privacy of our members and students, prospective members and students, contractors, employees, patrons, guests, and other individuals that we deal with seriously. BlueFit is bound by and complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act and the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
1. Your Consent
2. What information does BlueFit collect and why?
To provide you with the best health and fitness services, we may collect the following personal information from you:
- Identification information such as your name, address, contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses), date of birth and age, occupation, and emergency contact details. If you live in South Australia and wish to apply for the South Australian Government sports vouchers initiative, identification information may include your Medicare number and/or Australian visa number.
- Health Information including physical capacity and characteristics, symptoms, diagnosis, injuries, illnesses, pregnancy, medication, dietary information, demographics, family medical history, personal habits, or other health information necessary to provide health and fitness services to you.
- Financial Information such as your bank account details and/or credit card details.
- Opinions, photographs, social media identifiers or other personal information you share via social media and/or your participation in our promotions.
Where we collect sensitive personal information from you such as health information we will only do so with your express consent.
3. How is this information collected by BlueFit?
Your personal information is collected when you:
- Fill out a guest register, membership application form or student enrolment form (paper or digital) and/or direct debit authority.
- Fill out a pre-exercise questionnaire, orientation sheet, nutritional questionnaire or similar.
- Fill out the South Australian Government sports vouchers application form.
- Participate in classes, programs and/or facility orientations.
- Submit an enquiry via our website, social media, email, or telephone.
- Interact with us on social media and/or participate in our promotions.
- Join our mailing list.
4. How is this information used by BlueFit?
We may use your personal information to:
- Process your membership or enrolment application.
- Manage your membership or enrolment including payment of fees.
- Provide health and fitness related services to you.
- Respond to your enquiry.
- Verify your identity.
- Comply with requirements of the South Australian Government sports vouchers initiative (more information can be found here: https://www.sportsvouchers.sa.gov.au/).
- Communicate with you about your membership or enrolment.
- Communicate with you about promotions, events, new services or send you other marketing material.
- Facilitate administrative and operational functions.
5. Does BlueFit conduct Direct Marketing?
When you join BlueFit as a prospective member or student (e.g., you use our facility as a guest, you sign up to a trial membership, or attend a membership related event) or member, we add you to our marketing database so that we can keep you updated with our latest offerings and promotions. If you do not wish to be a part of our marketing database, you can opt-out by:
- Clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of email communications and/or SMS or MMS communications and following the prompts (e.g., to change your communication preferences).
- Email your request to be removed from our marketing database to our Privacy Officer (see BlueFit’s Privacy Officer Contact Details below).
Your request to opt-out will be processed within 5 business days.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Cookies, log files, web beacons, tags and/or pixels simply explained are a small piece of data or code that a website asks your browser to store when accessing that website on your computer or mobile. Most internet browsers support cookies, however, you can configure your browser in most cases to decline cookies.
BlueFit uses both first-party cookies (necessary for the basic functions of our website such as tracking usage patterns to improve and manage our website) and third-party cookies (for analytics and marketing purposes) including:
- Session cookies remember you during your visit to our website and expire when you close your browser (i.e., they are temporary).
- Persistent cookies remember your preferences within our website and remain on your computer or mobile even after you close your browser or restart your computer. We use these cookies to analyse user behaviour to establish visit patterns so that we can improve our website functionality for users and allow us to serve you with targeted advertising and measure the effectiveness of our site functionality and advertising.
- Log domain and IP address automatically when you visit our website, however this information does not identify you as an individual, but only the computer that you are using to view the site and your approximate geographic location.
- Log your IP address when you fill out our online membership and enrolment forms to confirm your identity.
- Pixels to track conversions from our social media ads, optimise our ads, build targeted audiences for our future ads, and promote our ads to you when you have accessed our website or social media site.
You can configure third party cookie preferences by visiting the third party site via the below links:
7. Is my personal information stored somewhere safe and secure?
BlueFit collects information both in paper-based and electronic form. We take reasonable steps and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept in a secure environment and is protected from loss, misuse, interference, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including:
- Maintaining computer and network security by requiring logins and passwords, private keys, API tokens, authentication, encryption, firewalls, and virus protection software.
- Physically securing our premises where your personal information is stored.
- Training our staff.
- Ensuring third party suppliers take reasonable security and organisational measures to protect your personal information.
8. Does BlueFit give any third parties access to my personal information
There may be occasions where we may need to disclose your personal information to:
- Other BlueFit entities within the BlueFit Group.
- Businesses’ who we enter arrangements with to manage their facilities.
- Service providers who perform functions on our behalf such as health and fitness professionals, direct debit and payment processors, IT professionals who maintain and update our databases, cloud or data storage and other software or administrative service providers.
- Government regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies as required or authorised by law.
- Our professional advisers such as lawyers, insurers, and accountants.
- A third party that acquires or intends to acquire BlueFit or its assets.
- Anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it.
BlueFit will only disclose your personal information to a third party for the purpose for which the information was collected or for related purposes (as permitted by law). Some third parties may be located outside of Australia. Where your personal information is disclosed and/or stored overseas BlueFit works with these third parties to ensure that your personal information is handled in accordance with the Privacy Act.
9. Can I access my personal information?
You may request access to your personal information held by BlueFit. If you would like to make such a request, contact us via email to our Privacy Officer (see BlueFit’s Privacy Officer Contact Details below). Once a written request is received, we will endeavour to respond within fourteen (14) days. If your request is complicated it may take up to thirty (30) days for us to respond with the correct information.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that all personal information held about you is accurate and current. However, we rely on you to communicate with us should you need to change any details or advise us if any of your personal information is incorrect. You can do this by making the request to the Centre Manager at your facility or writing to us via email to our Privacy Officer (see BlueFit’s Privacy Officer Contact Details below). We will contact you if there are any issues surrounding the updating of your details and otherwise will update your details within fourteen (14) days of your request.
10. How long does BlueFit retain my personal information for?
We will retain your personal information for so long as it is required to provide health and fitness services to you, for administrative and internal business purposes, for legal and audit purposes, or as required by law. We will destroy or de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed.
11. Can I join BlueFit without providing my personal information?
Given the nature of the services BlueFit offers it is not possible to access our services or become a member of BlueFit without providing the requested personal information.
12. Links to Third Party Websites Disclaimer
13. BlueFit’s Privacy Officer Contact Details
We will reply to your email within fourteen (14) days.
14. Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner
If you would like further information regarding the Privacy Act or are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your enquiry or complaint, you can contact the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner via:
Telephone: 1300 363 992